[WSBAPT] BECU and Creditor Claim

Rebecca King rebecca at nwelg.com
Tue Jun 27 09:35:40 PDT 2023

BECU has language in their lending documents that say that BECU can freeze or collect from any accounts at BECU at death.  Credit Unions can do this. I’ve had several estates in which BECU has pulled funds from decedent’s checking/savings accounts, completely circumventing the creditor claim process.

Warmest regards,
Rebecca King
Attorney

Northwest Elder Law Group