[WSBAPT] Crazy name situation

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Fri Jun 2 15:32:52 PDT 2023

Under common law consists of one Christian name and one surname, and the insertion, omission, or mistake in middle name or initial is immaterial.  The "legal name" of an individual consists of a given or baptismal name, usually assumed at birth, and a surname deriving from the common name of the parents.

Application of Green, 54 Misc.2d 606, 283 N.Y.S.2d 242, 245

But see, https://hrlr.law.columbia.edu/files/2021/12/3_Baker-Green.pdf (“There is No Such Thing as a “Legal Name”).

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.