[WSBAPT] Timing of publication of Notice of Private Sale of Real Property

Jon Fritzler FritzlerLaw at outlook.com
Mon Jul 24 10:09:14 PDT 2023

I represent a Personal Representative who does not have non-intervention powers.  An order authorizing my client to sell the decedent's real property via private sale has been entered.  My client is working with a realtor and the property will soon be listed for sale.  My question is regarding the timing of publication of the notice of sale.  Per RCW 1.56.080, the notice has to be published once a week for two consecutive weeks and must state the day on or after which the sale will be made and the place where offers or bids will be received.  In another probate where I represented a beneficiary, the PR waited until they had accepted an offer, subject to court approval, and then published the notice. However, I see nothing in the statute that requires the PR to wait to publish until after an offer is accepted and I don't see any reason not to go ahead and publish the notice now.  Am I missing something?

Sincerely,
Jon M. Fritzler
Attorney at Law
717 E. 22nd St.
Vancouver, WA 98663
Tel. 360.818.4431
Eml fritzlerlaw at outlook.com<mailto:fritzlerlaw at outlook.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed. This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the person whose name appears above, or the person responsible for delivering the email to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, distributing or disseminating this communication is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please email the sender at fritzlerlaw at outlook.com<mailto:fritzlerlaw at outlook.com>. Thank you.