[WSBAPT] Probate Question - Deceased Spouse Still on Title

David Greenberg dave at greenbergplanning.com
Tue Jul 18 11:04:44 PDT 2023

I have been getting more and more files where a deceased spouse is still on title to the primary residence. Assume no community property agreement, transfer on death deed, or other automatic right of survivorship. I tend to get called when the second spouse passes away or when the survivor is updating their estate plan.

Does anyone have a work-around to avoid opening a probate solely for the sake of removing the deceased spouse's name or opening a combined probate for both spouses after the second spouse passes away? I am expecting the answer is no, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks,
Dave

[cid:image001.png at 01D9B966.193162D0]<https://greenbergplanning.com/>
Dave R. Greenberg,
Attorney

425-522-2476
dave at greenbergplanning.com<mailto:dave at greenbergplanning.com>

Greenberg Estate Planning, PLLC
40 Lake Bellevue Dr., Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98005

greenbergplanning.com<http://www.greenbergplanning.com/>
Schedule a Meeting<https://greenbergplanning.cliogrow.com/book>

This message and its contents are confidential. If you received this message in error, do not use or rely upon it. Instead, please inform the sender and then delete it. Thank you.