[WSBAPT] PR Not Following Advice

Roger Hawkes roger at skyvalleylawyers.com
Mon Jul 17 14:24:26 PDT 2023

Good idea.  😊

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Bruce Moen
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2023 1:42 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] PR Not Following Advice

Hi Roger,

I said “a couple,” but have had several over the years.  That is, several where the client ignored me and I filed the Petition.

I don’t recall if anyone objected in these occasions.  Maybe once, maybe on another matter.

When I got the objection, I called opposing counsel and said “Oh, c’mon.” They replied “No dice.” That same day, I obtained my client’s signature on a very short one page pleading entitled “Discharge of Counsel” and filed and served it.

I got a call 30 minutes later from opposing counsel laughing and said good naturedly “Well, that works!”

Thus ending the dispute over whether I could bail out at that point. 😉

  Bruce