[WSBAPT] Husband and Wife signed the same will

Sara Longley sara at ivylawgroup.com
Tue Jan 24 16:40:01 PST 2023

Listmates,

I have never seen this before.  I have a will made by a husband and wife jointly (he died some time ago, and now she has also died).  It was signed in Oregon in 1981.  I don't see anything in the current OR law that tells me whether this was legitimate or not at that time.  Anyone know?  If so, I will be forever in your debt if you have a citation to the authorizing law - doubly so if you have a sample petition.

Best,
Sara Longley

Sara D. Longley
Senior Attorney