[WSBAPT] Landlord Tenant Law at July 2022

Tom Lee rtl at rtleelaw.attorney
Mon Jan 23 09:57:54 PST 2023

Jennifer,

Not to preempt Kaitlyn (who is a LL/T expert I constantly look to for
advice), but over the past two years, in these types of situations I just
bring an ejectment. I have not lost yet, and hopefully I'll keep it that
way as long as possible. Nonetheless, I certainly want to hear Kaitlyn's
take.

Best,
Tom

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 9:55 AM Jennifer L White <jen at appletreelaw.com>
wrote:

> Kaitlyn,
>
> I would be interested (I’m sure others would be too) if you could outline
> the basic TEDRA removal procedures for us non-LL/T attorneys. The 50,000
> foot question – What is the ‘quickest’ way to get a beneficiary/heir out of
> estate property?  I ask because I have been struggling with an
> heir/resident situation for a year now in one of my probates. The estate
> hired a well known LL/T attorney, who brought the matter as a forcible
> detainer. He indicated he had done hundreds of cases that way. However,
> that approach was recently slapped down by the court and the case
> dismissed. This happened after months of hearing after hearing after
> hearing where nothing substantive was done (the court spends the entire
> calendar time allotted going over the list of cases and there is no time
> for actual hearings so you have to keep coming back). When it was finally
> heard, the commissioner said from the bench that it should instead be
> brought as a TEDRA petition and dismissed the case. Argh!!! Fortunately,
> the errant drug addled relative has now voluntarily vacated, so the need
> for further proceedings have been averted for this case, but I would like
> to hear a little more about a TEDRA removal for future reference.
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jennifer L. White, Esq.
>

> *jen at appletreelaw.com <jen at appletreelaw.com>*
>
> 2200 S 76th Ave
>
> Yakima, WA 98903
>
> 509.225.9813

*TOM LEE*

Attorney

*R. THOMAS LEE, PLLC* | Attorney and Counselor at Law | A Professional
Limited Liability Company

Direct: 425-219-6736

rtl at rtleelaw.attorney | website: www.rtleelaw.attorney

This E-Mail message and any documentation accompanying this transmission
may contain *Attorney Work Product, privileged, and/or confidential
information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above*.  If
you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the
contents of this E-Mail message and/or attached documentation is strictly
prohibited and may result in legal action against you.  Please reply to the
Sender advising the Sender of the error in transmission and immediately
destroy the message and any accompanying documents.  Thank you.