[WSBAPT] Transferring Original Will Between Counties

Nick Pleasants npleasants at ohswlaw.com
Fri Jan 20 18:45:28 PST 2023

I agree with Diane, I don't think the physical will is ever leaving Thurston County. You might check with the King County Clerk if they can file a certified copy of a will from another county, or if it needs to be exemplified. I usually buy exemplified when we are doing ancillary probates, but that is because the other state/country requires it. It's only an extra $10, wouldn't hurt.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Main: (425) 455-3900 | Fax: (425) 455-9201 | E-mail: npleasants at ohswlaw.com<mailto:npleasants at ohswlaw.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to the law firm of Oseran Hahn, P.S., which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.