[WSBAPT] 1 or 2 transfers?

Stuart Scarff stuart at scarfflaw.com
Wed Jan 18 09:57:17 PST 2023

One Deed is sufficient to transfer title, but my concern is the Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit (REETA). King County recently rejected (repeatedly) our proposed REETA because it arguably required two WAC exemption cites. In your case, you'll cite a WAC exempting the transfer to the Trust from excise tax but the transfer for consideration needs no WAC. I'm not sure what the Excise Tax will do. Hopefully they except it.

Stuart Scarff, Esq.
3035 Island Crest Way, Suite 201
Mercer Island, WA  98040
206.236.1500
206.905.5912 (fax)
www.scarfflaw.com<http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
[Description: FaceBook-icon]<http://www.facebook.com/ScarffLawFirm>  [Description: Linked-In-icon] <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stuart-scarff/2/706/97>     [cid:image004.png at 01D92B22.71688D20] <http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
This message and any attachments hereto are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify me immediately that you received this message in error; and do not copy, disclose or distribute this message to anyone.