[WSBAPT] quick question

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Mon Feb 27 11:49:28 PST 2023

Usually not a good idea.
What exactly precisely will it accomplish?
It will make you feel better, but expect some kind of retaliation, such as a counter-grievance.  Making you feel better is not a particularly good reason.  No matter how tempting.  It will hang around your neck for the rest of your career.
Of course, if the violation is egregious, perhaps you owe society some kind of action, to prevent that sort of thing from reoccurring.  If that is the case, do it.
In short, you need to weigh the risks and rewards.  Like everything else in your practice.
One option:  have your client file the grievance.  But if you ghost-write it, that fact will eventually come out.  Trust me.
Good luck,
Phil Jones

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP