[WSBAPT] Estate Owns 1/2 interest in Real Property

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Dec 29 12:04:38 PST 2023

That's great-sorry, I forgot you said that W's children want to sell. So no partition necessary. Just eject the daughter, and then the PR and W's children can cooperate with the listing and sale.

Signing contracts and making decisions and signing a deed will be a bit clunky since you'll need PR plus all W's kids to sign, since they're all tenants in common. Was there a deed from W's estate to W's kids reserving life estate for H, so that they're on title? Depending on how record title looks you might be able to do a side agreement with W's kids that appoints one of them to act for them all, with power of attorney or some such.

Sounds like the main problem is getting the daughter out of the house. Or is Heather's question touching on the real problem, that the daughter is also the PR?

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC