[WSBAPT] Half-Baked Will

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Thu Dec 21 11:07:03 PST 2023

My take on it would be that since the spouse pre-deceased, the survival requirement of twenty days has not been met and thus it sounds like the decedent will be treated as intestate since there is no clause that address the issue of what happens if the spouse does not meet the survival requirement.

The estate passes to decedent’s intestate heirs, not the spouse’s estate.

Amy

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>