[WSBAPT] Overthinking it

Bruce Moen brm at moenlaw.com
Thu Aug 31 08:31:43 PDT 2023

Issue #1.  The appointment of a GAL is discretionary when the minor has no legal interest, but only a beneficial interest. In my experience, some judicial officers do appoint and some do not.

Your job is to disclose the situation in the Petition and to provide a factual basis sufficient for the court to exercise its discretion.

  -Bruce