[WSBAPT] Financial Institution Requiring Spousal Consent for separate property

ak at seattle-silvalaw.com ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Fri Aug 25 20:38:46 PDT 2023

Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

August 25, 2023

Brent,

I can understand the financial institutions demand for spousal consent.
Prenuptial agreements are often challenged.  They often also suffer some
defect in the making and are invalidated.

The financial institution does not want to be liable to anyone.

So, ask the wife to sign the consent. If she doesn’t sign, then you know
what the wife’s position will be in the event of divorce and/ or
husband’s death.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 940
Seattle, Washington 98101-2509
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

PLEASE NOTE:  I’ve moved to a different floor.  As of April 20, 2023, my
Suite number is 940 (no longer 2000). My new address is:  1325 Fourth
Avenue, Suite 940   Seattle, Washington 98101-2509.  All other contact
information remains the same.