[WSBAPT] Attorney as Trust Protector

TJW tjw at w3net.net
Wed Aug 23 09:14:55 PDT 2023

Hello Heather,

I am serving the role with regard to a Special Needs Trust only because the
Trustee had no other family member for that role, but it is not my favorite
role to have. Frankly, I'm not a big of Trust Protectors to begin with. If
the Trustee isn't up for the job, then it seems to me like that person
should not be a Trustee. I think it is more appropriate in SNT situations
however.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 866-4000 phone

(360) 866--3832 fax

 <http://www.buddbaylaw.com/> www.buddbaylaw.com

COVID POLICY:

Our firm continues to follow guidance from the CDC and Governor Inslee's
office regarding social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, and we
encourage the public and our clients to do the same.  Our staff is still
working remotely much of the time so electronic communication by phone and
email continues to be encouraged.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.