[WSBAPT] PC wants to take title of real property with initial for first name for security reasons

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Sat Aug 5 13:46:24 PDT 2023

It’s always been my understanding that a person can use any name, they like, even without legally, changing their name, as long as they are not using that name for fraudulent purposes. As a result, I believe that she can simply deed the house to whatever name she likes. However, she will need to deed the property from the existing name, and so the deed will show the existing name, and the signature line will show the existing name. As a result, she might need to deed the property twice in order to get her full name off of the last recorded deed.
Phil Jones