[WSBAPT] HEMS Trust - car purchase?

Jennifer L White jen at appletreelaw.com
Thu Apr 20 13:19:19 PDT 2023

I think a car definitely fits within the HEMS standard. What? An 18 year old doesn’t need a Bentley????? However, if the family all drove Bentleys before the trustors died, then buying one now could be in keeping with the lifestyle to which the beneficiary was accustomed. It is a matter of reasonableness, of course taking into consideration such things as the amount in trust overall in relation to the vehicle’s purchase price, and current and anticipated needs of the beneficiary to age 25.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9738A.B59A9C30]

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
2200 S 76th Ave