[WSBAPT] Lost Title/Estate vehicle

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Mon Apr 17 15:14:42 PDT 2023

Good afternoon,

I have a client who is the PR and sole beneficiary of a probate estate. Decedent owned a vehicle which my client inherited. But the title to the vehicle is lost. It is not clear to me whether she needs to file an Affidavit of Lost Title or something else. One of my staff called DOL and says they told her specifically to file an Affidavit of Inheritance AND an Affidavit of Lost Title. But this is confusing to me, because the Affidavit of Inheritance specifically says that it is to be used only when no estate administration was necessary, and that is not the case here.

Does anybody know what I should do here? Please and thank you!

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:jared at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362
Visit our website at hawklaw.biz.
This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.