[WSBAPT] PR Authority In Other State

Jacob Menashe jacob at hickmanmenashe.com
Thu Apr 13 22:24:50 PDT 2023

The bank is saying they want a letter from the lawyer that the Washington authority is enforceable in Oregon. I’m not sure what that means, but is that something a lawyer can say? Other than the same other state and the same national bank, I don’t think I’ve seen this problem. Maybe there is something special about setting up an estate account versus using the PR authority to move an account? Haven’t we all, many times, used the Washington authority to take actions on accounts in other states, including at banks without a presence here? Anything further on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob