[WSBAPT] Creditor Claim - Chase Bank - My Experience

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Fri Apr 7 09:36:36 PDT 2023

I began my journey as an Estate Planning and Administration attorney 8
years ago this coming July. For 7 1/2 years, Chase Bank was a
constant....they would NEVER file a creditor's claim. Never. No matter the
size of the account (largested was $56,000+) - they would just walk away.

I had a very modest estate that had two Chase cards (total debt was just
over $20k) and they got their actual notice in January of 2023 and THREE
DAYS before the end of the 30 day period - two valid creditor's claims
arrived.

I don't know if I had just been lucky for the past 7 years or if the
economy and inflation has caused Chase to realize that it was worth the
money to have people pursue these accounts - but it sucked to have to
deliver the news.

On the flip side - I will say that within 30 days of the receipt and
cashing of the payment of the check, Chase did provide a Satisfaction and
Release of both claims.....so at least there is that part, they complete
the process and released the estate.

Just sharing my experience in case others had similar experiences with
Chase walking away from claims.

Happy Friday.

brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /