[WSBAPT] Does CR 6(a) give probate creditors an extra day to file a claim if the last day falls on a weekend

Chandra Lewnau chandra at lewnaulaw.com
Mon Apr 3 14:39:31 PDT 2023

For the first time I have a probate where the creditor deadline for filing
a claim fell on a Sunday and the creditor filed the claim exactly one day
late on the Monday. (The PR was served on time.)  Before I have the PR
reject the claim, can anyone verify that CR 6(a) does not apply to the
notice provisions of RCW 11.40.051 and 30 days means 30 days? I have seen
some cases (ex. in re Stover) but nothing specifically on point.

*Chandra M. Lewnau*  *|*  Attorney

WALL GROUP LAW

51 W. Dayton St., Suite 305  *|*  Edmonds, WA 98020

*Tel* 425.670.1560  *|*  *Fax* 425.361.1512  *|* http://www.wallgrouplaw.com

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR MAILING LIST PURPOSES ONLY.

For faster response email chandra at wallgrouplaw.com