[WSBAPT] Old vehicle no title, no DOL records

jbdolan at jbdolan.com jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Tue Sep 27 16:21:16 PDT 2022

Eric:

I just went through this last week with an estate with three abandoned
vehicles on the property.  If you want a junk/recycling company to haul it
off, you will need to have law enforcement come out, run the numbers, and
complete a "Junk Vehicle Affidavit," which you can obtain and complete part
of from the DOL website.  The law enforcement officer will finish the form,
write "no record found" on the relevant section, and sign it.  If there is a
previous owner, you then send the form to that person and wait 15 days.  If,
as you have been told, there is no owner found, you don't have to wait 15
days to have it removed.

Not certain if that works in King County, but that's how it's done on Camano
Island.  That is probably more than you ever wanted to know about getting
rid of junk vehicles, but there you go . . .

Jim Dolan

Jones Butler Dolan, PS

 <http://www.jbdolan.com> www.jbdolan.com

 <http://www.jonesbutlerdolan.com> www.jonesbutlerdolan.com