[WSBAPT] Blind person-signing estate planning documents

Joshua McKarcher josh at mckarcherlaw.com
Thu Sep 8 17:49:50 PDT 2022

I just had occasion to do this with a blind but fully capable client. And got the lifetime (POA, trust) documents through DA Davidson, Wells Fargo, and US Bank afterward. (Color me shocked at the second of those!)

You just need to look at and use these two statutes:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.12.030

and

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=42.45.070

Good luck! Best, Josh