[WSBAPT] [WSBARP] SMS/Text/iMessage Exporting for Exhibits

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Wed Oct 19 01:08:07 PDT 2022

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

October 19, 2022

I have used TouchCopy by Wide Angle Software for about 10 years.
Although it transfers messages, photos, text messages etc from a cell
phone to a computer, its best use is for printing out text messages,
etc. in a legible format for use as trial exhibits.   You can include
photos or leave out photos that are inserted in text messages.

Although there are other similar phone apps out there, I recommend
this to my clients when we need text messages as exhibits because I am
familiar with it.  It’s pretty inexpensive and easy to use.

I’m pretty sure you can download a test version to see how it works
and if you like it.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting Doug Schafer <schafer at pobox.com>:

> My Android phone has an app named "SMS MMS to Email" that will
> forward a batch of messages to my email address.
>
> Doug Schafer, in Tacoma
>
>   On 10/13/2022 09:04, Inge Fordham wrote:
>
>> Please reply to the list.
>>

>>> On Oct 12, 2022, at 9:48 PM, samuel at meylerlegal.com wrote:
>>>

>>>       Litigators,
>>>

>>>       Is there a particular software you have clients use to
>>> export large numbers of SMS/Text/iMessages for exhibits?  The
>>> number of messages we are looking at makes trying to take
>>> screenshots of all of them a daunting task.  Thanks.
>>>

>>>       Sam

>>>       SAMUEL M. MEYLER
>>>

>>>       MEYLER LEGAL, PLLC
>>>

>>>       1700 Westlake Ave. N., Ste. 200
>>>

>>>       Seattle, Washington 98109
>>>

>>>       TEL:  206.876.7770
>>>

>>>       FAX:  206.876.7771
>>>

>>>       EMAIL:  samuel at meylerlegal.com
>>>

>>>       NOTICE:
>>>

>>>       This electronic message contains information which may be
>>> Confidential or Privileged and constitutes an electronic
>>> communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications
>>> Privacy Act 18 USC 2510. The information is intended to be for the
>>> use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the
>>> intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
>>> distribution or use of the contents of this information is
>>> prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please
>>> notify the sender and delete the copy you received together with
>>> any attachments.  Thank you.
>>>

>>> ***Disclaimer: Please note that RPPT listserv participation is not
>>> restricted to practicing attorneys and may include non-practicing
>>> attorneys, law students, professionals working in related fields,
>>> and others.***

>>    ***Disclaimer: Please note that RPPT listserv participation is
>> not restricted to practicing attorneys and may include
>> non-practicing attorneys, law students, professionals working in
>> related fields, and
>> mailing
>> listWSBAPT at lists.wsbarppt.comhttp://mailman.fsr.com/mailman/listinfo/wsbapt

Links: