[WSBAPT] Mandating Therapy as testamentary trust provision

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Oct 13 14:48:50 PDT 2022

Brent,

While I’ve not dealt with this specific issue, my position is that so long as a contingency does not violate a civil rights provision (something against race, religion, sexual orientation) I will be open to the placement in the document.  I would add that when you send the drafts for review and before signing that you can not guarantee it will be upheld if challenged but you are following the client’s instructions.  I could see this provision possibly being viewed as forced medical care and being thrown out.

Just where I typically start.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden