[WSBAPT] Who is Entitled to Notice of Appointment

Lenard Wittlake lwlaw at my180.net
Wed Oct 12 11:19:34 PDT 2022

If the heirs at law were not given notice, they can reopen the estate
regardless of the passage of time.  I had a case a few years back where some
relatives had a falling out and petitioned to reopen an estate that was
closed about 15 years, due to lack of notice of opening and closing (not due
to lack of knowledge of the probate).  The challengers ultimately lost and
nothing changed, but it cost everyone a lot of money.

Lenard L Wittlake, PLLC

Attorney & Counselor at Law

22 East Poplar Street, Suite 202

P.O. Box 1233

Walla Walla, WA 99362

(509) 529-1529 voice

(509) 850-3515 fax

 <mailto:Lenard at wittlakelaw.com> Lenard at wittlakelaw.com

The information contained in this email may be privileged, confidential or

otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you received this email in error,

please reply to the sender that you have received this information in error

and delete this email.