[WSBAPT] SDT for autopsy or necropsy

Doug Schafer schafer at pobox.com
Mon Oct 10 15:42:07 PDT 2022

Daylynne, since you were going to schedule a hearing to require the
girlfriend to relinquish the dog, I assume that she is a party to the
probate case. And since the veterinarian won't release the necropsy report
to your client, I assume that the vet was hired by the girlfriend and that
she has, or can obtain, the report. I suggest that you modify your drafted
motion to request the court order her to provide the report. Or else move
the court to permit you to engage in discovery (RCW 11.96A.115
<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.96A.115>) so that you may
serve a subpoena duces tecum on the girlfriend or the vet.  I don't believe
a PR or her lawyer has authority to issue a SDT unless the court permits
them to engage in discovery.

Doug Schafer, in Tacoma.

www.avg.com