[WSBAPT] Small Claims Court

jbdolan at jbdolan.com jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Sun Nov 6 13:19:56 PST 2022

Jennifer:

Nice work, especially considering your lack of familiarity with LL/T issues.  (I liked the “defacto roommate” reference.)

I have found over the years when dealing with parties who change attorneys in especially contentious cases, what frequently happens is that the client will shop around until they find a lawyer who matches their personality (kind of like the on-line postings of people who look just like their dogs) and then it’s off to the races.  In one particularly disgusting, hotly contested vulnerable adult/probate matter, the first opposing counsel and I were excruciatingly courteous and polite to each other in the courtroom, which infuriated her client.  Big surprise when there was new opposing counsel at the next hearing.  The case dragged on for 2 ½ years.

I also have been “sucked in to the vortex” as you describe.  God bless you for allowing that to happen, and going for it.  Your brief was (IMHO) very well written and you did a great job for your client.  That’s why most of us become lawyers.

Jim Dolan

Jones Butler Dolan, PS

www.jbdolan.com <http://www.jbdolan.com>

www.jonesbutlerdolan.com <http://www.jonesbutlerdolan.com>