[WSBAPT] challenges to beneficiary designations

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Fri May 27 15:45:34 PDT 2022

In my 17 years I have only had one case where my client was the named beneficiary on a document.  Another family member threatened to sue and claim the account owner lacked capacity and prior beneficiary designation should prevail.  My client, not liking conflict, asked that I broker a deal.  We had enough evidence to defend the claim but I get it -

I am wondering if any of you have been successful in bringing such a claim or defending such a claim and what you relied on.  Along those same lines, when filling out your inventory, if your PR received a non-probate asset, not as PR but as a beneficiary do you list that on inventory?

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.