[WSBAPT] Accessing decedent's home safes during probate

Jade Coppieters jade at scarfflaw.com
Wed May 25 11:27:41 PDT 2022

You can obtain an order to open the safe deposit box.

(d) Order for Production of Wills. Upon filing any petition showing jurisdictional facts as to the estate of a deceased person and alleging that it is believed that a will exists and is in a safety deposit box to which the deceased had access, any person having control of such safety deposit box may be directed by court order to open such box in the presence of the petitioner, and if a document purporting to be a will of the deceased is found, the custodian of such safety deposit box shall deliver the same to counsel for the petitioner for immediate filing or to the clerk of the court.

King County Local Rule 98.04(d)

J. M. Coppieters, Esq.