[WSBAPT] Correcting a Name?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed May 18 08:58:24 PDT 2022

Greetings List Members -

Way way back, many centuries ago...not long after the Bible began (ok, it
hasn't been quite that bad....) but at the VERY start of a probate, a name
was given to me that had an extra letter added to it. No one caught this
error until the legal guardian attempted to open a blocked account and the
financial institution said - nope, we need the order to be corrected with
the real name.

I have a birth certificate illustrating true name.

Question relates to process - I am thinking a very simple "motion to
modify" that could be submitted to ex parte with everyone's agreement that
simply advises the Court of the error, shows the appropriate name now, and
that should be it. Right?

Appreciate input!

Thank you,

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /