[WSBAPT] King County Superior Court Probate calendars

Marsha Hudson marsha at griffyn.us
Fri Mar 25 15:04:48 PDT 2022

You can tell the clerk it’s urgent and they can make an exception. This new
process is not so fun.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 2:57 PM Dalynne Singleton <dalynne at glgmail.com>
wrote:

> My complaint for the day – I have noted 7 hearings for the next 4 weeks
> when the availability calendar of King County Superior Court probate docket
> indicates availability.
>
> I get no notice from the clerk’s office to the contrary, so I assume, I am
> on the calendar.  I give more than 14 days required notice to all parties.
>

> Today, I reviewed the 3 that were set for hearing 4/12/22 and reached out
> to the ex parte clerk and indicated to please have my 3 in the same
> courtroom.
>

> She said, only 1 of your cases is on that calendar and since there is
> already 15 (1 more than allowed), pick another date.  WELL, no notice of
> not getting on this calendar from clerk and when I look at other dates,
> there are so few left before 4/20/22 when the statute of limitations will
> run in the tort litigation…  clerk indicated, even if I pick a date that
> shows availability, there is no guarantee I will get this new date either.
> I have to give another 14 days’ notice of this new hearing date to pro se
> people.  Since I didn’t get notice my 2 were not on the 4/12/22 calendar,
> doesn’t sound promising.  This is going to push me and others to file
> intervention probates w/o hearing if this continues which creates more work
> for me as attorney and costs the clients more money for intervention
> proceedings.
>

> So frustrating but this is not a very workable way to set hearings.  Are
> the clerks that far behind in reviewing what was filed, putting the dates
> and causes on the calendars and updating the availability tool?
>
> Anyone else having these same issues?
>

> *Dalynne Singleton*
>
> *Gourley Law Group*
>
> *Snohomish Escrow*
>
> *The Exchange Connection*
>
> 1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
>
> Snohomish, WA 98291
>
> 360.568.5065
>
> 360.568.1717  fax
>
> *dalynne at glgmail.com <dalynne at glgmail.com>*
>
> *Website:  www.glglawgroup.com <http://www.glglawgroup.com/>*
>
> As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, Attorney/client meetings
> will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever possible.  Be
> assured that we will continue to advise & support our clients throughout
> this health emergency.  If you would like to set a Zoom or telephone
> conference with me, please call or email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com,
> dara at glgmail.com or cameron at glgmail.com.
>
> *LICENSED** IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON*
>
> IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments
> accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including
> information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is
> intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this
> message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to
> waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the
> [...]

Plese excus the brevite and any tipoes.  This emale was sent from Marsha's
stoopid iPhone.

Marsha C. Hudson Attorney at Law #23330
3221 NW 62nd St
Seattle, WA 98107
Telephone: 206-297-3933
Fax: 206-357-9356 marsha at griffyn.us Life's most persistent and urgent
question is: What are you doing for others? - Martin Luther King, Jr. This
e-mail may contain information that is protected by attorney-client, work
product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, use, or reliance upon its contents
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact me immediately and return the email by forwarding it to this office
at marsha at griffyn.us and then deleting the e-mail.