[WSBAPT] USAA won't provide statements or acct information to Administrator

Laurel Brown laurel.brown8385 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:06:05 PDT 2022

As I recall, this issue comes up from time to time, both with respect to
institutional non-compliance with DPOA and Personal Representative
authority.

I have had this issue come up in the past.  The first time, I was
instructed by the GREAT Professor James Brown to write the institution,
address RCW 11.125.200, then follow with RCW 11.125.200 (1) (b):

Please note that pursuant to RCW 11.125.200 (1) (b), you have five (5)
business days from the date you receive this certification to accept the
power of attorney.  Your failure to accept the power of attorney
appointment within that time will subject Bank of America to court action
to compel acceptance and reasonable attorney’s fees.

In my small world, this has worked every time.  With B of A, I hand
delivered the letter to the branch manager in question.  Within four hours,
she called my client to come in to obtain full access to the account in
question.

Best,

Laurel

PS - Another thank you to the Great Professor James Brown!