[WSBAPT] Opening a Probate where there may be a committed intimate relationship and community property claims

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Wed Mar 16 09:36:02 PDT 2022

First, is there a Will?  I assume not.  The ex-spouse is not an heir under
RCW 11.04.015.  No where does it mention people in a long-term committed
intimate relationship.  That concept is a family law matter used by Courts
to divide assets when the relationship fails.  Do not let that theory be
introduced in a probate proceeding.

As such, the ex-spouse has no standing in the decedent's probate.  No notice
to that person is required.

Jeff Davis.

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email: jeff at bellanddavispllc.com <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.