[WSBAPT] Notice RE Probate Case provided to "all parties"

Laura Latta laura at lauralatta.com
Tue Mar 15 16:44:43 PDT 2022

Heather,
I do provide the court's notice of probate case to all parties. I have
never had any questions about it. I do a cover letter with the court's
notice and the notice of appointment saying: "These notices are required by
law. Feel free to call me if you have questions or concerns." I usually
also tell the PR to let the beneficiaries know they will be receiving the
notice. I don't think it's much more burdensome to provide the court's
notice along with the notice of appointment. I never noticed the
acknowledgement. There's no signature line. So that's a little odd.
Warmly,
Laura

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 4:25 PM Heather de Vrieze <
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com> wrote:

> I don’t remember when the Court started issuing these at the open of a
> probate, but recently actually looked at one and was surprised to see “*I
> hereby acknowledge that I have received a copy of this notice and
> understand that the original will be placed in the court legal file. I am
> responsible for providing copies of this to all parties.”  (highlighting
> mine).*
>

> Is there some rule requiring this notice go out with the notice of
> appointment or similar. What are most attorneys doing with these? Ever
> ready to learn something new, but it does seem to take some explaining to
> clients, I’m not sure I’m prepared to explain it to all notice parties.
>

> Heather
>

> Heather S. de Vrieze
> *Attorney-at-Law*
>
> 3909 California Avenue SW
>
> Seattle, WA 98116-3705
>
> (206)938-5500
>
> heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
>
> www.westseattlelaw.com
>
> *Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook: *  *[image:
> FB Logo]* <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>
>

> CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally
> privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this
> e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
> of this e-mail message and any attachment.

> others.***

*Laura LattaLaw Office of Laura Latta PLLC*

she/her

Phone (206) 841-2344

www.LauraLatta.com

4010 NE Lake Washington Blvd. Ste. 202

Kirkland, WA 98033

*NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
replying to this email and immediately delete the message and any
attachments without copying it or disclosing its contents to others.*