[WSBAPT] transferring bequest to beneficiary's RLT

cyfield at rockisland.com cyfield at rockisland.com
Tue Mar 8 09:50:57 PST 2022

Mates- I have a couple of open probate matters with Californian
beneficiaries that have their own separate RLTs. I'm curious if there is a
one step process to transfer beneficiary's interest in real property from
the estate to the trustee of their respective trusts (e.g. assignment)? I
suspect it may be more trouble than its worth, and it's probably more
straightforward just to do two deeds, but given the additional recording
fees I thought I'd reach out to the collective hive.  In one matter,  I
actually probated the mother's estate years ago and we transferred
daughter's interest to her RLT in a two step process that included a QCD
with an  "after acquired interest" clause. Now her brother has died and his
interest in the same real property passes to her but a local [risk adverse]
title company said the earlier QCD didn't pass the additional interest to
beneficiary's RLT and we need to record another QCD to do so. Thanks in
advance, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon); Phone:
360-472-1223

Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286; Physical Office:  640 Mullis St #214,
Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this email message, including attachments, may
be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this email in error,
please email the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com
<mailto:cyfield at rockisland.com>  and destroy or delete the original and any
copies.