[WSBAPT] Closing Estate (Nonintervention Powers but Blocked Account?)

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Fri Mar 4 16:18:01 PST 2022

I'm running into a quandary trying to figure out how to proceed with
closing an intestacy where the PR was granted nonintervention powers (so no
annual reporting to the court) but where all assets of the estate have to
be held in a blocked account. PR has spent something like $40k on the
estate and is wanting to be reimbursed for those expenditures (I'm a bit
shocked that they waited this long to petition the court), and want to make
sure my plan for proceeding here is proper/makes sense.

I'm planning on filing with the Court an (1) Accounting of the estate,
including the expenses to be reimbursed, (2) a Declaration of Completion of
Probate, and (3) a motion requesting for the estate to be closed, PR
discharged, PR reimbursed, and remaining funds distributed to
beneficiaries. Is this the proper way to proceed as far as folks can tell?
Any time I'm operating outside of my standard non-intervention no-bond
probate situations I start to second guess my plans and don't have anyone
around Port Townsend to run this kind of thing by...

Any thoughts appreciated.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***