[WSBAPT] Minor an annuity

Kristina Driessen kristina at rdattys.comcastbiz.net
Wed Mar 2 15:48:33 PST 2022

Good Afternoon-

I am probably making this more difficult that it has to be, but here at the facts: Great Grandmother dies in Wisconsin. She leaves an annuity to a 16-year-old, Washington resident.  The administrator for the annuity is telling bio parents that they need to petition the court to be appointed conservator of the funds.

I assume a petition under 11.130.360 is appropriate.  Does a GAL have to be appointed in this type of case?  Can anyone share a petition/order that they have used to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

Kristina A. Driessen

Attorney at Law

"A" Street Legal Services, Inc. P.S.

16 A Street SE,

Auburn, WA 98002

Office:           253-939-0811

Website:       astreetlegalservices. com