[WSBAPT] Recording Questions: Joint tenants; Lack of Probate Affidavit; Also, DPOA

Erin Fairley erin at leschilaw.com
Thu Jun 30 12:20:35 PDT 2022

Hi All,

I really feel like I need a months long seminar in the intricacies of the Recorder’s Office …

  1.  Property held in Joint Tenancy:  Joint Tenant A dies.  What needs to be recorded to effectively show Joint Tenant B 100% owner?  Other steps?
  2.  Lack of Probate Affidavit.  It’s been a minute since I recorded one of these.  I believe I send the LPA and the death certificate only to show chain of title.
  3.  DPOA – client concerned that their might be some shenanigans with Mom’s DPOA.  If I record this document, where does it live?  As in if  person tried to sell the home with another fraudulent DPOA would the recorded one attach itself to the property?

I gratefully appreciate any and all tips about these issues…

Happy Holiday weekend!

Best regards,
Erin

[signature_2596841022]<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001CAFTXK>
Erin Fairley / Attorney
erin at leschilaw.com<mailto:erin at leschilaw.com> / (206) 353-4625
Leschi Law, PLLC
121 Lakeside Avenue, Suite B Seattle, WA 98122
www.leschilaw.com<http://www.leschilaw.com/>

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution or copying of this e-mail message or any attachment to it is strictly prohibited.