[WSBAPT] Valuation of Property: List Price vs. Net Proceeds?

Bruce Moen brm at moenlaw.com
Fri Jun 24 08:55:20 PDT 2022

Apples and oranges, the fmv and the net distributable estate.

Since the beneficiaries “may take issue” and the PR bears personal liability for a breach of duty, then the solution is either have all of the beneficiaries sign off in writing and file with the court OR go to court for approval with a Petition and proposed order.

If the beneficiaries object after the distribution and win, then your client has potential liability and a claim against your office via Trask v Butler.

Don’t go there.  Fire the client if you have to.

  Bruce Moen