[WSBAPT] Restriction on Probate Disbursement to Minor Heir

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Thu Jun 23 09:42:16 PDT 2022

Listmates:

This is a new one for me.  A minor, an heir to grandmother's estate, will
inherit monies in excess of $100,000.00.  The GAL, for the minor, initially
recommended those funds be placed in a blocked account until the minor turns
18.  Now, the GAL questions whether Special Proceedings Rule 98.16W(j)
controls and that the funds should be placed in a trust.  We debated whether
that rule even applies to a probate inheritance that has nothing to do with
an injury claim, but arguments can be made both ways.  Have any of you dealt
with this?

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.