[WSBAPT] Statement of Balance Owed w/o Creditor Claim

Inge Fordham inge at fordhamlegal.com
Wed Jun 22 15:20:46 PDT 2022

Thanks, Josh.  After hitting “send,” I realized my word choice was not the best.  We obviously can’t reject a claim that was not asserted.  In these instances, I typically send a letter to the creditor outlining why they can no longer assert a claim against the estate (typically because a creditor claim was not brought within 30 days of actual notice).  I wonder whether anyone has specifically dealt with a subrogation claim.  My sense, based on initial research, is that this is a standard creditor claim like any other unsecured debt.  The decedent entered into a payment plan to avoid a subrogation claim.  The insurance company must bring a claim pursuant to RCW 11.40.070.  We provided actual notice and the insurance company failed to file a claim within 30 days.  I think I’ll just send my standard letter and see what kind of push back, if any, I get.  Appreciate the responses!

[uc%3fexport=download&id=1W3rEcChy0_E0cCfV5up02mkhwnL6eWIs&revid=0B4P5JoIHdbFaR29EbHlRWHFseFV5STZpSUVGeUNPWldkVDFVPQ]
Inge A. Fordham | Attorney
Fordham Law, PLLC
3218 Sixth Avenue | Tacoma, WA 98406
Office: (253) 348-2657 | Mobile: (206) 778-3131
www.fordhamlegal.com<http://www.fordhamlegal.com>

Confidential Communication: This email is sent to a recipient on behalf of an attorney/law firm, and is information intended exclusively for the individual, entity or company to which it is sent.  This communication may contain proprietary, privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be legally exempt from disclosure other than to the intended recipient.  If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or otherwise disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email or other communication and delete all copies of the message.