[WSBAPT] Negative Credit Report

Ann Marshall AMarshall at jamsadr.com
Mon Jun 20 17:35:23 PDT 2022

Brent,

This may help—some info about disputing credit report items. It's important to dispute with the credit bureaus directly not just the disputing with the creditor/furnisher. And a dispute directly with the bureau is required before filing suit under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, should that become necessary. There are independent obligations for both the bureaus and furnishers. I believe most of the bureaus have online portals to dispute. Hopefully it gets resolved but I know some attorneys whose practices are considerably, if not entirely, FCRA oriented—feel free to contact me directly if needed. Good luck! Ann

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/how-do-i-dispute-an-error-on-my-credit-report-en-314/
[https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/images/ask-cfpb-social-credit-reports-and-scores.original.png]<https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/how-do-i-dispute-an-error-on-my-credit-report-en-314/>
How do I dispute an error on my credit report?<https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/how-do-i-dispute-an-error-on-my-credit-report-en-314/>
If you would like to submit a dispute regarding the information a company provided to the credit reporting company (called a furnisher), use our instructions, along with a template letter as a guide. Examples of information furnishers are your bank, your apartment landlord, or your credit card company.
www.consumerfinance.gov

[cid:image005.png at 01D46634.8C1313A0]

Ann T. Marshall, Esq.
Mediator/Arbitrator

JAMS - Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM

1420 Fifth Ave. | #1650 | Seattle, WA  98101

Cell/Text: 206.619.8043

E-mail: amarshall at jamsadr.com

www.jamsadr.com<https://www.jamsadr.com/marshall/>