[WSBAPT] Hello/TPP clauses

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Fri Jun 17 16:56:05 PDT 2022

I have come up with lots of creative ways to help the Personal Representative settle fights, from auctions with monopoly money (which would count in the overall division of the estate money later) to sealed envelopes from each beneficiary, and putting names in a hat to coin flips, etc.

I still use pretty simple language:
"In the event I have designated equal distribution of tangible personal property to more than one beneficiary and those beneficiaries fail to agree upon equal division within 90 days of my death, then my Personal Representative shall have ultimate and final decision-making authority concerning the division of such property."

It is my advice to clients to pick a Personal Representative who is fair and generally trusted in the family, and my advice to PRs that their duties of impartiality extend to division of TPP.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8826B.205F07C0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

Please note that the de Vrieze | Carney PLLC summer schedule which begins the week of July 11th and continues through the week of August 22nd. During this period our office will be open Monday through Thursday - 8:30am - 5:00pm. We are also closed June 20th, July 4th (both Mondays this year).

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.