[WSBAPT] Litigators/confidentiality

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Wed Jun 15 13:20:45 PDT 2022

It has always been my understanding that having a third party in the room waives the attorney-client privilege, unless the third party is in the room for the purposes of assisting in providing legal services. For example, the client might want to bring her accountant along so that the accountant can discuss legal issues with the attorney. The same would apply to an interpreter.
Phil Jones

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP
Portland, OR