[WSBAPT] HELP!

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Thu Jul 28 10:27:29 PDT 2022

Don’t forget RCW 11.68.080<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.68.080> which requires that you file (and provide to all beneficiaries, heirs, and unpaid creditors) the notice of possible insolvency.

I have been able to get creditors to voluntarily reduce their claims in such circumstances, sufficient to make the estate solvent.

I don’t have a good answer about the questions specific to tenants and the reverse mortgage. These tend to require very fact specific solutions. I realize it is a bit late for this now, but I tend to push clients to discover as much as possible about potential claims and likelihood of benefit to the heirs before getting them appointed as PRs in these types of situations.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8A26C.4C1DD1E0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

Please note that the de Vrieze | Carney PLLC summer schedule which begins the week of July 11th and continues through the week of August 22nd. During this period our office will be open Monday through Thursday – 8:30am – 5:00pm. I expect my availability between now and August 15th will be somewhat limited, though I will attempt to address all messages in a timely manner.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.