[WSBAPT] collection question

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Mon Jul 25 14:36:55 PDT 2022

Any insights would be helpful in the following:

PC has had suit filed against him for monies owed to US Bank.  PC was previously making small monthly payments (very small) and really has nothing and lives on a very modest amount ($500.00/month) and a used car that was gifted to him to get a relative he cars for around (that relative is sickly).  He may receive a small amount in the near future but I suspect even that will be an allowable amount should he file bankruptcy.  The amount owed is less than $4,000.00 and I am amazed that a suit has been filed but it is what it is.

Client would hate to file bankruptcy and I was thinking a call to the attorney who filed the case should be able to get me to some sort of resolution but I wonder if that thinking is pie in the sky thinking.

Thanks in advance.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden