[WSBAPT] One-Sided CPA and Step Up

Jacob Menashe jacob at hickmanmenashe.com
Wed Jul 20 11:56:01 PDT 2022

Great input from everyone, thank you! Regarding the Medicaid issues, I should have been more precise. If the person were actually on Medicaid, the only community property asset retained (if the Medicaid spouse passed away first) would be the exempt house. If the Medicaid spouse was only a potential Medicaid spouse, i.e., not on Medicaid yet, it could involve other assets. Also, the reason for it to be separate property if the community spouse passes away first is so all of the house could pass through the will and into the SNT and not half.

Thanks,

Jacob