[WSBAPT] "Child" of decedent not mentioned in his Will

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Tue Jan 11 12:49:43 PST 2022

I dealt with this 20 years ago, but the claimant was not a DNA match upon
blood test. I wouldn’t take Ancestry or 23 & Me as being the expert on
parentage. I would get a court order requiring the claimant to get a blood
test and go from there. If claimant is a biological child, then sadly, it
is my understanding from 20 years ago research that claimant shares in the
estate.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 866-4000 phone

(360) 866--3832 fax

www.buddbaylaw.com

COVID POLICY:

*Our firm continues to follow guidance from the CDC and Governor Inslee’s
office regarding social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, and
we encourage the public and our clients to do the same.  Our staff is still
working remotely much of the time so electronic communication by phone and
email continues to be encouraged.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.*