[WSBAPT] Fees for a Resigning PR - are these a creditor claim?

Dalynne Singleton dalynne at glgmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:52:58 PST 2022

No the creditor claims are for pre-death debts.
You can make a motion and receive an order from the court on the expenses to be paid according to RCW 11.76.110?  Of course, the argument that they are necessary and reasonable should be made.
Was there an insolvency hearing?

RCW 11.76.110<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.76.110>
Order of payment of debts.
After payment of costs of administration the debts of the estate shall be paid in the following order:
(1) Funeral expenses in such amount as the court shall order.
(2) Expenses of the last sickness, in such amount as the court shall order.
(3) Wages due for labor performed within sixty days immediately preceding the death of decedent.
(4) Debts having preference by the laws of the United States.
(5) Taxes, or any debts or dues owing to the state.
(6) Judgments rendered against the deceased in his or her lifetime which are liens upon real estate on which executions might have been issued at the time of his or her death, and debts secured by mortgages in the order of their priority.
(7) All other demands against the estate.

Dalynne Singleton
Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection
1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
360.568.5065
360.568.1717  fax
dalynne at glgmail.com<mailto:dalynne at glgmail.com>
Website:  www.glglawgroup.com<http://www.glglawgroup.com/>
As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, Attorney/client meetings will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever possible.  Be assured that we will continue to advise & support our clients throughout this health emergency.  If you would like to set a Zoom or telephone conference with me, please call or email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com> or dara at glgmail.com<mailto:dara at glgmail.com>.
LICENSED IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.